JOB TITLE: Inside Sales/Sample Coordinator
REPORTS TO: EVP, Sales
SUMMARY: An energetic and driven individual will be responsible for researching, identifying and generating new sales opportunities in the Food Ingredient business as well as serving existing customers. Will work closely with sales, management and technical teams and customer service to support the development of sales opportunities. They will build relationships with accounts. Additionally, they will work with suppliers to order all samples and maintain organized documentation and tracking of samples.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide both written and verbal communication to customers about existing and new products that might interest them to expand business. Play a key role working along with the technical team to expand products lines with customers.
- Will be provided select customer sales history data and open sample projects and will follow up with customers via phone/email to maintain sales and seek additional opportunities.
- Research new industries/prospective customers and may be asked to research potential suppliers as well.
- Follow up on leads generated from trade shows, website, web marketing and from outside sales team.
- Maintain and expand database of prospects and pipeline sales opportunities (data entry required).
- Monthly reporting of progress and identified opportunities.
- Understand current accounts, prospects, competitors and suppliers with a focus on expanding and retaining customers.
- Understand customer priorities and unmet needs. Maintain consistent follow-up on customer projects, samples, requests, etc.
- Minimal reaching out to new opportunities/leads (cold-calling)
- Communicate with customers and internal organization regarding pricing, product availability, forecasting.
- Initiate product samples and quotes for prospects and customers.
- This position requires no travel, but the right candidate has opportunity for growth into an outside, incentive-based salesperson role within the Aakash brand of companies.
- Eligible for quarterly sales commissions for new business generation.
- Communicate with suppliers for ordering of all samples
- Monitor and respond to email correspondence requesting updates or changes.
- Receive new samples into the warehouse inventory and prepare approved samples for storage
- Document and maintain a tracking system of samples
- Interested in a chance to join a fast growing company and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Four year undergraduate degree required, preferably in science or business.
- No sales experience necessary, just a high energy individual willing to learn new things. Science major/background helpful.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook). Netsuite experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Superior organization, prioritization and follow-up skills.
- Strong work ethic and self-starter; able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced industry.
Apply on Indeed: (will provide link once posted)
or please send resume with cover letter to: email@example.com